It’s been a real whirl wind few weeks. So much to do and so little time to do it in. Not only do I have Blue Banana to contend with, but I also own a fig orchard just South of Auckland, and the season has been massive.
Last Thursday, we broke our own previous record of export trays picked, then on Saturday we broke it again! Not content with that, mother nature threw in a really tough but exiting day on Sunday by not only breaking a new record again, but it was DOUBLE the record we had broken on the Thursday!
The annoying thing is that the market in Los Angeles has made the orchard a victim of it’s own success, with the tray price dropping severly because of quantity. How come, there are however many millions of people in America, and only a hand full of fig growers around the world, can’t you guys eat more? Please?
When you are working in such a short time window, the pressure can mount up, but it is only for a few weeks, which will be over very soon. I could not image having to work so intesily for long periods, so if you are in that situation yourself, look after your self and maybe take a supplement.
- Today I am interviewing Ryan Ashton, or Ryan the Lion as he is better known. No surprises then we’ll be talking... fb.me/LUrbRiV5 1 day ago
- Ryan Ashton of A Few Quiet Yarns fame talks about the event's massive success with Linda Coles: youtu.be/2AoGYiJ-S90?a via @YouTube 1 day ago
- Check out my latest #podcast, another great guest this week :) And every week! #TellUsAStory podbean.com/media/share/pb… on #Podbean 1 day ago
- If a referral makes it 4x more likely to get a response to your job application, it makes sense then to use this ne… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Joining me today is Ruth Davy, the Executive Officer of the Gut Cancer Foundation of New Zealand. Ruth has more... fb.me/1O1nB1RVm 1 week ago
Contact Blue BananaI would love to hear from you. Email: email@example.com